Makes 6 Servings, approx 1 1/4c. Each
1 tsp. Olive Oil
1 1/2 lbs. Lean Raw Stew Meat, boneless, cut into 2in cubes
1 medium onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red bell pepper
4 cloves garlic
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup low sodium beef broth
1 bay leaf
1tsp. sea salt
1tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups cubed butternut squash
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until beef is browned.
3. Add onion and bell peppers; cook stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
4. Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
5. Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cook, covered for 40 minutes.
6. Add squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-12 minutes or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork tender.
7. Remove bay leaf. Serve topped with parsley.