Makes 6 servings 1 wrap each
1 1/2 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup tomato sauce, no sugar added
6 large lettuce leaves, washed and dried (romaine)
1 medium tomato chopped
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add turkey, cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes, or until no longer pink.
2. Add garlic, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika, and oregano; mix well.
3. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
4. Add water and tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cook covered, for 10-12 minutes.
5. Top each lettuce leaf evenly with turkey mixture, tomato and cilantro.