Makes 6 servings, 1 cup each
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. chili powder (adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
2 (15oz) cans black beans (or pinto beans), drained, rinsed
1 (15 oz) can all-natural diced tomatoes, no sugar added
12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
3. Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; stirring constantly for 1 minute.
4. Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, or until thickened.
5. Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro.
21 Day Fix Equivalents