Nutrition per serving: Calories: 213; Total fat: 6.7g; Cholesterol: 97mg; Carbohydrates: 1g; Sodium: 191mg; Protein: 36g
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· ¼ tsp salt
· ¼ tsp black pepper
· 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken
· 1 Tbsp canola oil
· ¼ cup water
· 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
· 2 tsp low-sodium chicken broth powder
or bouillon granules
· 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped fresh
1. In small bowl, mix oregano, salt, and black pepper together. If desired, you can substitute lemon pepper for the pepper. Use ½ tsp of the lemon pepper, increase water by a tablespoon and subtract 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
2. Spread spices evenly over the chicken pieces.
3. Add canola oil to a large, nonstick skillet and start heating over medium heat. When hot, add chicken pieces and brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
4. Place chicken pieces in slow cooker. Add water, lemon juice, garlic, and chicken broth powder to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a gently boil. Pour the lemon juice over the chicken in the slow cooker and cover with lid.
5. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for about 6 hours. Sprinkle the parsley on top of the chicken about 15-30 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
6. Serve with pasta or steamed rice.
Makes 6 servings