Yummo... one of my all time favorite desserts. Only healthier and sugar free! Once you break the bonds of sugar you become a slave to one less thing and save some money! I bet you wont even know the beans are in there! (I've given them to kids and they had no clue. The only thing that came out of their mouth was, MORE!)
- ¾ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup vegan butter spread
- 1/3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup xylitol
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened vanilla coconut milk yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 4x8 loaf pan with parchment paper so that there is an overhang on each side (you will need this overhang to remove brownies from pan).
- In a blender or food processor, puree the black beans with the almond milk and the yogurt. Stop periodically and scrape down the sides and make sure that all the bean skins are gone. You want this batter to be very smooth.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a bowl and add the melted vegan buttery spread, stevia, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Stir well. Spoon batter into the loaf pan and smooth it out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. They may seem a teeny bit underdone in the middle-this is OK. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool completely in pan, then lift the whole brownie out by pulling up on the edges of the parchment paper. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into 8 pieces using a very sharp knife.
Makes 8 brownies