Yet another winner to add to the list of things my MR. approves of being added to our dinner rotation list. This one incorporates healthy carbs, veg, and protein and the name is totally misleading because there's not actually any cheese in the recipe.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, spiralized (I used a Veggetti.)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 t dried oregano
- ½ t garlic powder
- 1 t smoked paprika
- ½ t chili powder
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Chopped tomatoes and green onion to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 3 minutes until onion is translucent and veggies are softened.
- Increase heat to high and add ground beef. Cook for 5 minutes, breaking meat up as it cooks, until beef has browned and is no longer pink. Add oregano, garlic powder, smoked paprika and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the chicken stock and the crushed tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer; add spiralized sweet potatoes and cook for another 12 minutes until sweet potatoes are slightly softened and sauce is reduced. Remove from heat and top with chopped tomatoes and spring onions or go crazy and use some shredded cheddar cheese! Serve warm.
Nutrition Information (According to MyFitnessPal)