In our house, we pack our lunches M-F. This is a new flavor I added to our rotation of simple, fast snacks to pack and eat. We are both major fans of cherry and hope that sharing these will make your healthy eating more fabulous.
Makes 12 balls. We usually eat 2 at a time.
1/2 C. Quick Oats
1/2 C. Old Fashioned Oats
1/4 C. Almond Butter
1/4 C. Honey
1/2 C. Dried Cherries
1/4 C. Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. Measure out ingredients and add all to large bowl.
2. Mix together until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
3. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 12 portions onto cookie sheet. Wet hands and roll scoops of mix to smooth out into balls.
5. Place tray in fridge for 1 hour or more.
6. Eat and enjoy or put into an airtight container for storage for up to 1 week in the fridge.
These types of snacks are very popular around my house. The favorite is peanut butter and chocolate, but these are just as delicious!