I've cooked up this squash more times than I can count since focusing on low carb options for pasta replacement. Our favorite is simple with marinara and meatballs.
- Spaghetti Squash
- Cutting board
- Baking Sheet lined with foil
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Rinse outside of squash if you see any dirt.
- On a large cutting board, slice the squash length wise.
4. Scoop out seeds and guts until the inside cavity is smooth.
5. Brush inside with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
6. Place inside down on a foil lined baking sheet. Roast in oven for 55-60 minutes
7. Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes.
8. Use a fork to scrape "noodles" towards inside of skin. It should be very easy to get the skin clean.
9. Top with your favorite sauce or use in recipe.
The last time I roasted one, I put it in the oven and headed outside to mow the grass. Came back inside and it was ready to come out of the oven. Multi tasking is amazing!