Makes 24 Meatballs, 4 servings
Adapted from: http://everydaypaleo.com/curried-meatballs/
1 lbs ground turkey (you can also use lean ground beef)
1/3 cup finely diced red onion
1/3 cup apple finely diced
1/3 (about 5 teaspoons) egg
2 tsp tablespoons curry powder
1sp sea salt
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, place all of the meatball ingredients and mix well using your hands.
3. Form into meatballs just a little bit bigger than a golf ball and place onto baking sheet. I use a cookie scoop to make meatballs uniform.
4. Bake for 25 minutes. Makes 24 meatballs. While the meatballs are cooking prepare the sauce!
Curry Sauce Ingredients
1 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic
2 tsp raw organic honey (optional)
1 tsp curry powder
1 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup chicken broth
1. In a large skillet saute the garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the honey, curry powder, and tomato paste and whisk together.
3. Add the chicken broth and continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth.
4. Bring to a simmer. After the meatballs come out of the oven, add them to the sauce in the skillet and coat well. Cover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes. Serves 2-3