Reese's are one of my all time favorite candy bars. This recipe is as close to one as I've gotten without actually making peanut butter cups or just eating a whole bag of miniatures.
Simple, no bake, and even with the added bonus of whole grain oatmeal packed with fiber.
Makes 1 8x8 pan, 16 squares
1 cup unsalted, natural peanut butter
1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp honey
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cup old fashioned (rolled) oats
1/2 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate chips (you can use regular too of course)
1/4 cup caramel chips (these might be hard to find so you can also sub 1/4 cup peanut butter)
- Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, measure out peanut butter and honey. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between, until fragrant and slightly bubbly.
- Stir oatmeal into peanut butter and honey mixture until all combined.
- Press peanut butter and oat mixture into pan using a piece of wax paper.
- Using the double boiler method, melt chips (or pb and chips) until smooth.
- Pour topping over oat mixture in pan and evenly distribute.
- Place into fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Cut into 16 squares, remove from pan, and devour.