I spend a good chunk of my Sunday in the kitchen running a cooking marathon. These little guys were the result of the most recent success.
I received an Air Fryer as a gift from my Mr. a few months back and put it to the test as often as I can. The original recipe I found called to make these in the oven but using the air fryer cut the cooking time down significantly and allowed me to use the oven for several batches of apple chips.
After cooling, I packed 6 of these in a small container for our lunches this week. The recipe made enough for 6 servings ( 2 servings on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.)
I can also imagine making these for a pitch-in or party. Simple ingredients, plant based, and flavorful.
Makes 6 servings, Serving Size: 6 bites
1 cup cooked and cooled Quinoa (make sure to rinse it well before you cook it)
2 cups of cooked cauliflower, pureed in a blender
1 flax egg (or you can use a regular egg)
1/4 cup rice flour (I used brown rice flour)
2 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp pizza sauce
2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Pizza Sauce for dipping
1. If using the oven, preheat to 400° F. If using Air Fryer, make sure your basket is clean and preheat if you'd like. It's not necessary.
2. Mix all ingredients other than dipping sauce in a medium sized bowl using a wooden spoon. If you're up to some fun, use your hands. (But make sure to remove any rings and wash up!)
3. Using a small cookie scoop, scoop onto plate or parchment lined baking tray (if baking in oven).
4. Smooth out balls between your hands gently.
5. If baking, bake for 30 minutes. If air frying, gently place into basket, turn temp to 400 and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving with a side of pizza sauce for dunking.